November 26, 2009

What's so Odd?


Odd Nerdrum is a painter who I tried to paint like when I was given this book some years ago. But I couldn't master his old- master style.

Still I tried recently to capture the spirit of this Odd image in this self portrait. I should have pulled the hood down farther over my forehead. Did I hear you suggest "way farther"?



Oh, by the way, happy Thanksgiving.

Could anything be more appropriate for Thanksgiving than this photo? Why? Well for one thing there's the wattle, otherwise called turkey neck.



Here's a portrait of me drawn by FX Tobin, a guy who's been teaching me some important things about painting via our email correspondence.

I liked his drawing so much I had it framed. The shadow captured in the glass is me taking a portrait of my portrait.


No comments:

Post a Comment