October 14, 2009

On the fly

Remember when Janet Jackson had her "wardrobe malfunction" during halftime of the 2004 Super Bowl?

I had something less traumatic but nevertheless troubling happen to the fly of one of my favorite pairs of pants, pictured above. The strip of cloth that hides the zipper started malfunctioning, exposing the zipper.

Even with the zipper up, it's sort of embarrassing going around with it showing. So I fixed them by attaching Velcro with a staple gun.

In case you need to refresh your memory, I've tucked in this picture of Janet exposed. A lot of people contend that Justine Timberlake, who was singing with her, intentionally yanked off the material over that breast as a publicity stunt.

Adding credence to that was the fact that this part of her costume was attached with snaps, making it detachable. MTV, which produced the halftime show, had promised a "shocking surprise."

But back to my wardrobe malfunction. Snaps probably would have been a more tailored solution for my pants.

But I don't think that the staples really show that much. Here's proof. If I hadn't drawn the arrow, would you have noticed?

No comments:

Post a Comment