December 2, 2009

Where's the sled


Rudolph and the gang must have had the day off when we saw Santa cruising on his Harley on I 495 the other day.

Or maybe St. Nick has put them out to pasture.

If he did my son Eric, a Hog owner, will be delighted to discover the jolly old elf's new mode of transportation.

I'm not sure whether a Harley contributes more to global warming than eight reindeer. Nine if it's a foggy night.

But I do know that this bellowing cycle is going to give new meaning to the lines:

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
  I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

To any kid wondering if these saddle bags can hold all the toys, don't forget Santa crammed everything into that chimney-capable bag he flung on his back. After all, Santa's magic.

P.S. This is my 100th post on Blogspot. Portrait of the Artist as an Old Man has had a much longer history at www.grierhorner.com/blog. Click on photo to enlarge it. Photo by Grier Horner/All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment