March 31, 2009

It's Melting

That isn't open water you see beyond the white ice near shore. It is decaying ice. I took this photo yesterday noon. Wind was lashing the rain and it was cold. A typical spring day in the Berkshires.
My lake walks are over for the season.
Earlier in the day when I returned Nicole's projector, I got lost - really lost. Last week when I picked the projector up I got lost too. And I mean lost. When you're 73 this scares you. It whispers - or shouts - the A word: Alzheimer's.
In the afternoon I finished a painting I had started Sunday. This was the first one I'd done in the last six weeks. I haven't gone more than a week without painting since I started 13 years ago. The six weeks were spent building stretchers and doing other things associated with my one-man shows that opened March 13 and 21.
If I was making $100,000 a painting, think how much money I would have lost. But if I was making $100,000 per painting, I'd have an assistant. Maybe two. Money or no money it was good to be doing what I do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment